When taking lessons from Mike I realized that it would have been helpful to grasp some of the big concepts first. Here are some big picture concepts that ring in my ears to this day.
1. The swing is a big circle!
2. There are two pendulums in the swing!
3. I am interested in mobility not stability!
4. The ankles, knees and hips are the engine of the swing!
5. I never spin the hips, they tilt!
6. I never raised the arms!
7. I never swing my arms!
8. Hit it with your “hunds”!
9. You are the “green”!
10. Don’t stop in Kansas City!